Join us as a General Volunteer
Our on-site spay neuter clinics are held on weekends (Friday to Sunday) between April and October at various First Nations communities in Alberta. We set up in the community and rely on over 100 volunteers each day to care for up to 700 animals.
For new volunteers:
- General OPS (animal care, crate building, cleaning)
- Data Entry (record keeping/ computer logs)
- Professional Groomer
- Catering and Kitchen Support
- Cat Room
- Autoclave Team (washing and wrapping surgical instruments)
- Dog Care (walking, feeding and cleaning crates)
- Set Up and Truck Pack
For experienced volunteers:
- Community Outreach Team
- Surrender Room
- Physical Exams Scribe
- Physical Exams Dog Handler
- Surgery Scribe
- Recovery Dog Handler
- Dog Recovery
Full orientations and details for every clinic can be found when you register as a volunteer (we will set you up in our online volunteer program called “Better Impact”). Through Better Impact, you can see available volunteer opportunities, sign up for shifts, and see who else is volunteering.
Accommodation, Transportation and Meals
Accommodation and transportation are the responsibility of the volunteer. We arrange a discounted rate for nearby motels, and volunteers often arrange carpooling on our private Facebook group. Vegetarian and vegan meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) are provided at the clinic site.
Other opportunities for general volunteers:
- Fundraising Events – join our FUN-draising Team! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Bakers needed to prepare cookies, muffins, squares etc. for volunteers ahead of the scheduled clinic. Contact email@example.com if you can help!
- Wrap Pack is looking for new volunteers to join us Sunday (1:00-4:00) and Wednesday (1:30-6:00) afternoons at our Calgary office, March through October. WP prepares items for clinic use such as gowns, wraps, drapes, scrub towels. Volunteers do not need to attend every meeting nor stay for the whole time – just come whenever you can. No experience necessary. Coffee and goodies provided. Please email Marion at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.