LABOURER (full-time, on-site)
The Canadian Animal Task Force (CATF) is a dynamic grass roots, volunteer-driven, registered charity providing animal care programs and services for companion animals. Our Vision Statement is “Humans and companion animals live in harmony in communities where compassion, respect and kindness guide their actions.” By assisting with community safety and improving the health and well-being of animals, we are helping people, helping animals. Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2007, CATF operates with a small team of paid staff and relies heavily on a larger network of dedicated volunteers to deliver our animal welfare programs. Our volunteer team of licensed veterinarians, veterinary technologists, and other public volunteers provide compassionate and exemplary care and support. We invite you to learn more about what we do and the people we serve. Visit our website at www.cataskforce.org.
To fulfill our vision, we need the best people doing their best work to fulfill our VisionIf this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Compensation: $20 – $22 per hour, dependent on experience
Days of operation: 5 days per week, generally Monday to Friday but may change based on clinics
Closing date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been hired
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Labourer will ensure the building, vehicles, and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Loading equipment onto and off vehicles
- Cleaning equipment such as dog crates
- Organization, cleaning and maintenance of warehouse
- Cleaning vehicles
- Transportation of animals to and from veterinary appointments or other destinations
- Assisting with vehicle maintenance
- Animal care as needed
- Picking up donated supplies and various other errands
To qualify, you will need at least the following:
- Love of animals and animal care
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record and experience driving trailers
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs
- Respect for all safety standards
- Ability to bend, kneel, and twist appropriately to access different areas
- High level of initiative and ability to be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and a questioning mind
- Motivation, focus, and organization skills to plan and manage multiple processes
- Kindness, patience, and flexibility to self-manage and work with change in a positive manner
- Solid adherence to confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build positive rapport with our stakeholders and employees
Imagine working for an organization that values diversity and inclusivity, and where everyone collaborates for each other’s success. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate in making an impact, apply now! Note that working conditions involve exposure to a high degree of pet dander and other allergens.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence. Applications for this position will be accepted on an ongoing basis until a suitable candidate has been hired. Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should detail how you are the right person for the job. When submitting your email, please use “Labourer” as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
CATF is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, and sexual orientation.